The nozzles are found in printing minds – in regards to the size of a deck of cards - that accurately spray ink on things no more than container hats and also as big as soccer helmets. The printer can print on plastic, metals, ceramics and glass, eliminating the necessity for costly labels.
“This innovation starts up a path for producing customized services and products instantly at the same time as soon as the consumer’s appetite is focused on customization, ” stated Brendan Casey, vice president of Xerox Engineering Services. “Imagine a sports lover coming residence from a-game with a helmet or basketball which was personalized right in the stadium, or a retailer supplying on-demand customization on countless various shop products.”
Xerox utilizes improved image-quality algorithms to direct the microscopic nozzles half the width of a human tresses. By accurately spraying ink at distances of one-quarter inch, the printer has the capacity to print on smooth, harsh, slightly curved or stepped surfaces at printing resolutions which range from 300 to 1, 200 dpi. The printer are capable of as much as 30 things each hour, having the ability to scale for manufacturing.
“The real development here's we can print on items, like metal liquid containers with multiple curves, with no setup time and expenses that analog publishing particularly flexography or display screen printing need, ” stated Wayne Buchar, chief professional, Xerox Engineering solutions. Various other innovative functions include:
- The ink jets are suitable for virtually any types of ink chemistry including solvent, aqueous and Ultraviolet inks and can be operated at conditions up to 140°C, enabling jetting of specific inks that meet demanding demands.
- The innovative architecture features a versatile design for holders in order that objects is altered on easily.
- Xerox computer software guarantees precise head-to-head enrollment and best in class color calibration.
- Shopping: In competitive retail space where offline shops have been in a fierce battle with online stores, the printer is user-friendly, fun-to-watch and offers very customizable result allowing stores available walk-up low cost printing operates as low as one on a variety of objects.
- Printing: for the people serving multiple areas, central print providers or suppliers (online or physical) could offer tiny works for personalizing and customizing items.
- Packing & production: its a packager’s fantasy to remove the fee and frustration of labels and then personalize packaging. In addition it provides a flexible architecture that will support conveyors if necessary.
The Xerox Direct to Object Printer is a customized option developed to purchase. Xerox will work straight with clients to optimize a custom configuration especially fitted to their particular application. Rates begins at $145, 000 (U.S.) and varies based on setup and choices.
The Xerox Direct to Object Inkjet Printer is on display in Xerox booth #1625 during North America’s largest graphic arts tradeshow, Graph Expo, which occurs Sept. 25-28 in Orlando, Florida. The printer is a 2016 SHOULD SEE ‘EMS honor champion someday of Print category. The SHOULD SEE ‘EMS is a yearly awards competitors that acknowledges the essential powerful new services becoming shown at Graph Expo.
Xerox is helping change the way the world works. Through the use of our expertise in imaging, business procedure, analytics, automation and user-centric insights, we engineer the circulation of strive to supply greater productivity, efficiency and personalization. Our workers create significant innovations and provide company process solutions, printing equipment, pc software and solutions which make a genuine huge difference for the consumers and their clients in 180 countries. On January 29, 2016, Xerox launched its plans to split into two separate, publicly traded companies – Xerox Corporation, which is composed of the company’s Document tech and Document Outsourcing companies, and Conduent Incorporated, a business procedure services business. The company is on course to complete the split by the end of 2016.